Sunday, February 22, 2009

SEE THE WAY

This picture was taken on one of my favorite missions of the summer- actually in Mission, South Dakota. Justin, Don, and I went out one night just before sunset equipped with bee killer and caulk to try and salvage a worksite that was in danger of being pulled because of a giant beehive in the outside wall of the house. Although we had so much fun preparing our game plan, talking about the possibilities of running into snakes, and getting caught up in our ultra awesome 'save the world' mentalities, the mission was ultimately a FAIL.

But, as we were preparing to leave, we turned up towards the west to see this absolutely breathtaking sunset. Mind you- this was at the end of our summer spent on Indian reservations and Justin and I were beyond ready to get the heck outta the middle-of-nowhere America. But God reminded us that He was there. I love this picture. And I absolutely love Misty Edwards’s song 'See the Way.' (I hope you take the time to listen to the lyrics, while you're here.)

God’s beauty and glory show up in the His perfect timing----wherever He chooses to reveal them.

No comments: