Sunday, March 22, 2009

Wonderful Weekend

Sadly, another wonderful weekend has come and gone. This one happened to be particularly special- with special guests and celebrations. The anniversary party was fantastic. Mary Helen has always known how to throw an outstanding party, and you have no idea how super cute it is to clink classes for a couple married 70 years!
The Herbert girls also sharpened our shopping skills this weekend. You'd hardly no that 'times are tough' when the weather is nice and you live by an outdoor mall. I had to wait in line to get into the Coach store! My mom thinks people are buying purses instead of putting food on the table---she may be right.
Today I went to church with my sister and our cousins - always a good time. After, we cooked out at Sara and Jeremy's house. I then had a rather long 'membership class' at church. We officially launched just 6 weeks ago, and today there were 126 people that committed to being contributing members (and not just in the financial capacity). I'm excited to be a part of the community- and even more excited to start leading some jr/sr high ministry groups. I've found that I miss that the most.
And finally- the weekend ended with a short- but great- visit with Phil and Kyrie. He brought her here so I could drive her to n. Milwaukee so she could get a ride back to school. A little guitar hero, some Luigi's, and a couple good laughs will have to last until we see each other again (hopefully in just a couple short weeks).
So that's it. Here are some pictures from the weekend. Let's be honest--they're always the best part! I even fancied them up a bit- ENJOY. Have a great week! <3



1 comment:

Kyrie said...

Dude...GH pic...AH_mazing!

I feel absolutely honored to make it into your blog my dear and I am still so happy the G-O-D blessed us with some well needed Keer and Sexy Goat time!

Love you!