Monday, June 8, 2009

marshmallows and mayhem...couldn't get any better than this

Oh my. I could write PAGES about what I've been up to for the past couple weeks. But I'm not going to (right now). I will say- this weekend was amazing. We had our first two events for our youth at Great Lakes Church. It has been interesting, challenging, exciting, and super rewarding to be a part of the planning process to make it possible for our youth to start connecting with each other. I had all the familiar feelings of working in ministry (that I love and have been missing)- I definitely put some effort into the planning, and I was met with the equally familiar results of success and fulfillment when everything was over. We didn't do anything special or elaborate- but God was totally in it all. Man, I LOVE seeing kids laugh and smile- mostly when it's a result of raw egg goober or a broken water balloon being splatter on someone! I love when I know a kid has a reputation for being shy or difficult and they come to hang out and you know the event would have been seriously lacking without their presence. I LOVE working with students. It is nothing short of a passion. In the 2nd video, there's a blip at the end where Dave turns the camera on me. Now you know when you see yourself appear on the screen you think "ugh, am I gonna look and sound like a totally nerd." I'll say this- I love everything about those few seconds when the camera is on me. You know why- because I recognize the joy and passion in my eyes---it's good to be doing this again. And as much as I'm excited for myself to be involved in youth ministry again, I'm a million times more excited for the youth to start to experience what God has in store for them here!

(turn off the blog music by scrolling to the bottom of this page and pushing pause)



No comments: