Sunday, September 14, 2008

3 o'clock

During this season of preparation in my life, I've had the most wonderful pleasure of being a 'basement dweller' at the Clymer residence. I've had a ton of time to think. Mostly about my future. Or my sisters wedding. occasionally work. and sometimes what I'll have for lunch.
And, every once in a while, I'll be blessed to have such a profound thought as I did the other day.
You see, Selah is 2 and she's just started to potty train. It is all the entertainment you could ask for. She runs around naked 70% of the time and the other morning at breakfast she looked up at me and, in the most adorable way, said "Stephie- OOPSIES!" as a puddle of pee trickled onto the kitchen chair. She has the cutest little monkey undies and I affectionately call her 'monkey butt.' Every time she does manage to make it to her potty chair, we applaud and cheer with great enthusiasm. One day last week, Selah pooped in the potty! I was downstairs napping. But I woke up to the most celebrated crap in the history of the planet.
It just made me think--When did it become unacceptable to run around naked 70% of the time and why the heck does nobody ever throw me a party when I poop!?!
I just wanna know.
Katie reminded me the whole naked ended in the the garden---I said "well what happened to faith like a child"
:)
(oh, and, you should only be so lucky to know why this blog is titled 3 o'clock. feel special if you do!)

No comments: