Friday, December 5, 2008

Manamana

This is either a dawning of a new day or a rarity- but, I my friends, am awake. (in more senses than one) But today, I simply mean its 6:30am and my eyes are actually, physically open. I don’t even have to leave for work until 8:30. I KNOW. I’m sitting here, my hands wrapped around a hot cup of coffee, letting the steam rise to warm my nose, and blogging. Who the crap am I?!

I worked in Vernon Hills yesterday and was exhausted when I got home. I fell asleep on the couch watching Greys at 8:30 and never moved. I didn’t see the ending and I didn’t get to see Barbara Walters talk to the 10 most influential people of ’08. I slept in my work clothes. I know- ridiculous; but probably a good thing because it’s supposed to be in the negative degrees today. I’m definitely not in the mood to go back into work. It was much more exciting when it was my only income and a lifeline for my survival. But the people are great. I’m getting a bunch of awesome product, and its temporary employment. I’ll survive.

I start teaching/orientation on Tuesday for my job at the daycare. I’m hopeful. I don’t really know what to expect. There are so many thoughts when starting a new job. Will I be good? Will the kids like me? Will I like my co-workers? Will they like me? Where will this opportunity lead? But then I remember- God’s already got the whole story written and he hasn’t left me disappointed yet. I’m sure I’ll have my days. Who doesn’t? But I’ve chosen something I believe in and can be passionate about. It might not move me out of my parent’s house as soon as I’d hoped (but that’s what the early shift at Starbucks if for! Imagine me- up at 4:30 am. LOL. There will certainly be no blogs then!)
Today this is special. Next month, I’ll probably be ticked to have to wake up before the sun. I’ll choose to enjoy today.

Have a good one.
In hope. In joy. In love. In Christ.

No comments: