Wednesday, December 10, 2008

never a dull day

Well, it's pretty safe to say that I will never have another boring weekday afternoon again. My job is going well. I certainly have my moments when I ask myself 'what the heck did I agree to?' But, for the most part, I'm really happy and excited that I'm in the classroom. The kids are quickly finding their own special ways into every part of my heart. I walked into the classroom today and about 8 kids ran up yelling "Miss Stephanie! Miss Stephanie!" as they wrapped their tiny little arms around my legs, I heard one girl say "Miss Stephanie, we love you!"
I was asked about 10 times yesterday "Miss Stephanie, are you really our teacher?" I started believing it around "yes" #9. It was also show 'n tell yesterday. Madison forgot to bring something in. It's okay. She decided to just show us her extra set of clothes she had with her (it was picture day and all the girls were in fluffy dresses). She showed us her soccer sweat pants, her cool matching shirt, and then, yes, her extra pair of underwear. LOL. hilarious. a girl with no shame. I love her.
And today, as Miss Elizabeth read us a story, Devon sat cozily in my lap. At one point he turned around and pointed at me. And said "my mommy has some of those." I said, "oh, a pretty necklace." Devon shook his head and poked my boob- "those." ahahaha.
I have a handful of students with learning and behavior issues of one kind or another. There are definitely going to be some challenges. But the opportunity for me to grow and learn is so great and I believe in each one of my students with all I've got. It's an interesting chapter in life. I have absolutely no idea where it will lead, and for the first time, when it will end.

Tomorrow night is our Christmas program. It'll be a great time to meet some of the parents, the other teachers, and SANTA!!

and let me last mention that I, of all people, managed to find a job that still allows me to sleep 'til 10am.
That's right. be jealous. (until i start pulling the early morning Starbucks shifts)

No comments: